Hello from your Board of Directors!
It’s a new year, and you know what that means – tax time. We came across the Bexar County Residence Homestead Exemption Application and felt that you may find it helpful, so we wanted to share.
Exemptions reduce the market value of your property and this lowers your tax obligation. This form is for Bexar County residents only and is available for all homeowners who occupy and own the residence as of January 1 of the tax year.
In addition you can use this form to also apply for the following additional exemptions:
- Disabled Homestead
- Over-65 Exemption (for property owners who are 65 years of age or older and claim their residence as their homestead.)
- Disabled Veteran or Survivors of a Disabled Veteran
- Surviving Spouse of an Armed Services Member Killed or Fatally Injured in the Line of Duty
- Surviving Spouse of a First Responder Killed in the Line of Duty
- Donated Residence of Partially Disabled Veteran (or Surviving Spouse)
Form 50-114 can be accessed by clicking here.
If you have any questions or require assistance in filling out the form, please contact Bexar Appraisal District at 210-224-2432 or find more information on exemptions at their website at https://www.bexar.org/2582/Property-Tax-Frequently-Asked-Questions.